Monday, August 29, 2016

The One Where Brendan Prescribes Himself Glasses

I have to admit, for as much as I miss his dumb face, I so look forward to getting e-mails from Elder Wadley. Missionary Monday has become "what the crap has Brendan done this week?" reports.
The best part about this week? Surprise photos. I have taken a break from Facebook for a while, which is a whole 'nother story, and I miss seeing pictures that are posted on the mission group Facebook pages. I had another mom give me a heads up that there were some photos posted of Brendan. So I logged on, and went to the site. I was tagged in a couple of pictures, and I could not for the life of me, pick out my own son.
Honey Creek, Indiana District
Let us zoom in, shall we?
Oh. Well? There he is.
I just want to reiterate here (the title of this blog post was kind of a spoiler) but Brendan DOES NOT wear glasses. Never has. His vision is fine. His mental state however, is questionable.
You may remember this same crap-eating-grin from his senior pictures, where he wore pigtails. For the yearbook.
Is this the only time that he is truly happy?
When he is being naughty?
Extra prayers appreciated.
I asked him about those glasses in my e-mail to him. 
Here is his e-mail this week:
first off ive noticed youve been titling your emails like friends episodes also those glasses look dope on me so just calm down. this week has been really good we had two people at church this week one being ronnie and another being a man named tim hes this old dude hes cool we had a kid in the ward come home from serving his mission this week he was a nerd his whole family are kind of nerds but tim, our investigator talked about that kid he said" what the crap was wrong with him one moment hes crying the next hes talking quiet then hes talking loud" it was super funny watching our investigator try to process a missionary homecoming other then a normal week here
As you can see, there is still no filter here, and the glasses aren't adding to his intelligence.
Bless him, I just love him so much.
This was another picture that was posted to the group Facebook page. It might be my favorite. Elder Wadley straight off the airplane. (Far left.)
 I think I actually see the potential of a powerful missionary in his (perfect vision) eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment