Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The One With Dreadlocks and a Laundry Issue

Another week, another cryptic e-mail from Indiana.
so i didn't get transferred I am still here in Terre Haute so nothing has changed this week went really well we went on like a twoish day exchange with elder Darrington and elder Wallace it was really fun me and elder Darrington went and we probably walked around 10 miles that day it was a good time we also talked to this crazy black dude named Larry who tells us that god is a woman and Jesus and Moses were black his whole argument with Moses being black is somewhere it says that he cut off two of his locks and what are locks you may ask?? well they're dread locks no ifs, ands or buts about it that's the only thing that makes sense to him and he was to prideful to admit any different.
I think found the scripture that I think this convo is loosely referencing:
Numbers 6:5
 All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the Lord, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.

That was all I could find. 
Elder Brendan sent me some super covert (fingers over the lens) video files of this Larry, and I have to say, he really might be short a can or two.
 I also got this:
i may or may not have turned my clothes a little bit blue 
How did that happen? Your white stuff? Have you tried soaking them in oxy clean?
no i havent tried that there not that blue so dont worry about it
Well, okay then.
Here are his photos from this week:
"pirate themed district meeting"
"Elder Darrington and a dead dove."
Terre Haute, Indiana
I have to say, Indiana has some beautiful sunsets. I am hopeful that Elder Brendan appreciates sunsets. I pray every day for my boys to be aware. Be aware of opportunities for service, and just generally pay attention to what is going on around them.
Sunsets count, right? Like if he is noticing the beauty of a sunset, he is noticing other things too?
Like maybe a pair of jeans in with the whites?
Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment