Thursday, June 1, 2017

The One With Two Baptisms

Monday was a holiday and I wasted a lot of the day wondering where my e-mail from Elder Brendan was, and then a friend reminded me that libraries were closed and p-day would most likely be Tuesday.

It's kinda embarrassing how much of a creature of habit I am, because this threw my week off a little. It also made me realize how much I look forward to my missionary Mondays.
I will be sad when this chapter of my life comes to a close.

This week was a good one for Elder Brendan.
He didn't have much to say- but the photos speak for themselves.
Elder Wadley and Elder Cepeda had a couple of baptisms!
Two sisters. The girls' mother and her boyfriend are also progressing with lessons, but are not yet ready to commit to baptism.
They found this sweet family while tracting.
Both baptisms were in Spanish. Elder Wadley says that his Spanish is coming along, and he was able to baptize one of the girls.
I love a picture where you can see that a person's smile goes all the way up into their eyes.
This picture (above) is a good one for my heart.
Elder Wadley, Elder Cepeda
This picture is a typical Brendan pic. Nice to see that bathroom selfies are still a thing. He looks good in white, though, doesn't he?
The other exciting news of the week is a new p-day activity they picked up in his area: Foot Golf. Here are Elder Brendan's words this week.
so yesterday was memorial day all libraries were closed um this week was cool baptism was on 27th that was cool other then that pretty normal week except yesterday we played footgolf it was hecka fun holy balls anyways i dont know what to say really it was pretty sick this week foot golf its golf but with soccer balls so you kick balls into hole its sweet
Foot Golf Field
I am not sure if Foot Golf is a real thing, or something they made up like Quidditch? I guess whatever gets him outside and running around. He seems to be pretty excited about it.
Foot Golf Elders
Indiana looks like it is really pretty and green right now.
Elder Wadley hits his one year mark this month. Seems like it has gone by pretty quickly. He has matured and grown...
Rear view mirror decor, Indianapolis
 ...but has also stayed exactly the same.😌

No comments:

Post a Comment