Monday, May 22, 2017

The One With Indy 500 Practice

I was pretty freaking excited about this post today! When Brendan got called to Indiana, we had his farewell reception thingie, and we served concession stand stuff- mini hot dogs and sliders. I think because almost all we knew about Indiana was that it is where the Indy 500 takes place.
It is nearing that season.
Elder Brendan is serving in Indianapolis, near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway where they host the race.
Indianapolis, Indiana
He said in his e-mail last week that they can hear the cars running now all day, every day. Especially when they drive closer to the speedway, they will roll the windows down to hear the rumble.
They had an opportunity to go to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this past week on p-day to watch them practice. The tickets were pretty cheap so we encouraged him to have that experience. I am glad he went!
He sent me a couple of video clips that I was pretty excited about.

This first one, is the sound that he hears every day. 
I didn't realize how loud it must be to carry that far.

This next one is a practice run for a pit crew. I was also surprised at how fast the car ripped out of there and got up to speed.
Not unlike my mini-van at a stop light.

I asked him how it was at the track:
it was loud and i dont know they turned left alot
I asked him how his Spanish was coming:
mi espanol es moi bien pero yo soy blanco 
Sam asked him if he has felt like he has strengthened his testimony in any way:
yeah about Joseph Smith that dude was pretty lit he was definitely a prophet
Our pet turtle we found on the road. We have had him about 3 days. He is going to be set free soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment