Monday, March 13, 2017

The One With -7 Cents

I found some stretchy pants for Elder Brendan.
Elder Wadley, Elder Cox
I found them at Costco and bought him three pairs. He said they were perfect. I am grateful for the little things. I also found myself some stretchy pants at the same time. They literally feel just like sweats, but make me look a little less frumpy, so I guess that is a double miracle!
(If you are wondering, they are the David Bitton Buffalo Super Stretch Jeggings. They have circus sizing. I fit a 4 in these. This is not accurate to the size of my butt. It's Cadbury mini-egg season, internets. "Super stretchy" is the winning adjective here.)
Anyway, here is Elder Brendan's report this week:
hey mom this week was good and bad we got a lot of stuff accomplished
but i also got robbed again and sick so that was sucky umm
investigators are doing good my spanish is doing good the pants are perfect exactly what i needed haha
I asked him what the crap about the ROBBERY?
they got into our car somehow and stole my GPS and 7 cents
Then I asked him what he meant by "a lot of stuff accomplished."
yeah we had a really effective day in finding people and stuff like that
I would like to remind you all at this point that Elder Wadley has been Spanish speaking for four weeks now. So he and his companion are actively trying to find Spanish speaking investigators.
How do you find people? Do you have a method?
tracting but there are certain things you look for
Like what?
1. three pronged satellite dishes they pick Hispanic stations 2. mops
on a porch 3. weird color houses 4. Christmas lights 5. cars with the
registration of 1-31 stuff like that
So anyway.
He is picking up more and more Spanish. He said he loves the people, he loves their food, and he is very happy right now.
He also sent some random pictures:
Indianapolis Temple

"those are alcohol bottles that we find and fill up with different liquids". (Your guess is as good as mine as to what he means by "liquids." I am loving how the one bottle is marked "desayuno" Spanish for "breakfast.")

These are all the stuffed animals they have won from the claw machine in their Laundromat. They must do a lot of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment