Monday, November 21, 2016

The One Where My Heart Melts

Elder Brendan is being transferred to a new area (Greencastle) early tomorrow morning where he will be paired up with a new companion as well. He has a lot of good-byes to give today, and his online time was short.
He had some more adventures on the farm.
He had a few appointments.
He and I had our usual good-natured banter this p-day.
But I am skipping over all of this.
Something this sweet from your 18 year old boy needs to stand alone- like a limited edition Lambo, or the Crown Jewels.
 So hey Mom you know i love you right? Im so grateful for all you do for me and i know i dont say it a lot but you're the best!!! :)
This boy of mine has been gone for five months now.
I miss him so bad sometimes my chest aches.
Despite his outward goofiness I can see him changing. I can see him doing the things that allow him the constant companionship of the spirit. This is the miracle of the missionary program. The change it brings in these young kids- totally worth missing them. The most important person they will ever convert is themselves.
When you desire to serve the Lord, it brings  a whole lot of  opportunities and blessings.
When you recognize the blessings, you cultivate an attitude of gratitude.
When you choose to be grateful, you see more blessings, and even in the midst of trials- you can see the Lord's hand in your life.
This peace and hope can get you through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment