Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The One With Advil

We've been praying extra for Elder Brendan this week.
I didn't exactly know *what* to pray for.
I have faith that the Lord is giving him what he needs, so I just prayed, and left it up to Him.
I think prayer is a lot like taking Advil when you hurt.
I don't understand medical science enough to explain how you can take a pill, and somehow that pill knows exactly where it needs to go to ease the pain.
Prayer works in the exact same way.
The Lord didn't take away the problem that Elder Wadley is having, but I think our prayers were answered in a different way.
He seems more upbeat, strengthened to endure, and his sense of humor is alive and well.
Elder Reese, Elder Wadley
Here is our e-mail conversation from this week:
Well this week has neither been better nor worse but this weeks was really interesting  the Brazil elders had a girl get baptized this week and during the baptism her boyfriend of three weeks proposed it was really awkward also i got the guitar
Yasssss!! How does it look? I want a photo of you with it. :) Hey- I did some poking around on Pinterest for Terre Haute. I would like you to take some pics of your apartment inside and outside. The building you are living in has a really cool history and I think you will want to show your kids one day.
So after this little request, there was radio silence for about 30 minutes, and then he sent me the photos I requested! Haha! I think he went right then and took them. (I think this boy is learning obedience.)
He is currently living in what used to be a hotel in Terre Haute, and quite a prominent hot spot in the 1920's.
Fun Fact: We had a hard time getting Elder Wadley's guitar delivered and had to speak to a UPS employee in Terre Haute at one point. How do you pronounce Terre Haute when you read this blog? (I say Terry Hawt in my head.) Well, this UPS guy said "Tara Hoot."
I am going to need clarification from someone who knows.
I guess it is like some of the weird towns in Utah. Tooele anyone? (too-ill-ah)
 
The Deming was renovated and converted into apartments in the early 80's. It was updated again in 2014. Here are the Elder Wadley pics:
Stained concrete floors, and a studio floor plan, galley kitchen, with a separate bedroom area.
(It looked kinda clean in these impromptu pictures too, so bonus!)
Back to our conversation:
Well. I want you to know that you have a lot of support. I was really overwhelmed by the people who are praying for you and concerned about your happiness.
I got a package this week from the Lemmon's it was super nice of them, can you please tell them thanks
I just wanted to throw out some very weepy, heartfelt gratitude for the prayers and letters from all of you who support Elder Brendan.
The Lemmons have a daughter, Kariane, serving in Brendan's exact mission. They haven't served in the same area yet, but my heart is very tender that they would think of my boy, when their own daughter is serving there too.
Speaking of Advil. I kinda cry a lot now.
We sure have been blessed with good people in our lives.


Autumn in Terre Haute, Indiana

No comments:

Post a Comment