Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The One Where Elder Taka is My Hero

This week I didn't milk a lot of info out of Elder Wadley because I was so taken back by his decision to finally cut his dang hair! Baby steps with this one.
Here is his e-mail, spoiler alert: it doesn't say anything.
This week has been pretty good yes i am still in a trio and i probably will be for awhile so yeah let see i guess i could tell you about my new area so my companions names are Elder Taka, and Elder Cruz, they are both super sick Elder Cruz goes home this transfer and Taka has been out the same amount of time as Eschler was. Greencastle is pretty cool so far im still getting adjusted to it but it should be easy the members here are super sick umm i dont know what else to say like always so...
And then the photos rolled in!
And along with the photos, a video clip of his companion who committed Elder Wadley to cutting his gross hair. (The video clip is on my Facebook and Instagram account!)
I am going to say this, and please know that I mean no offense to anyone- but occasionally when he was home Brendan would let his hair grow out sort-of shaggy, and in hopes of getting him to cut it, I used any tactic I could think of.
To be fair, when his hair grows out, it lays nice, it's thick, it feathers, and curls under.
Anyway, one day I told him that his longish bobbed hair made him look like "a really nice lesbian."
He cut it soon after.
So here he is looking like "a really nice lesbian" on his mission, and Elder Taka fixed that for me.
You can bet a package of gratitude is winging its way to Greencastle.
 Here is the after, (cropped out of his Thanksgiving dinner photo.)
Here is his Thanksgiving:
Bless this family who invited these Elders into their home to share this holiday! I didn't even ask Brendan the details of the day. Like I said, the hair was the main shocking event this week.
It looks nice, right?
Kinda like a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment